Welcome to BlogMoto, the motorcycle sports blog by Motorcycle Times for the week of June 1st through 5th 2021.
Here you will find motorcycle racing news of all kinds presented weekly and even daily when needed.
Please like, share and comment.
Quartararo banks fifth successive MotoGP pole position in Barcelona
Click link to see.
JOAN MIR TAKES TENTH ON THE GRID FOR THE CATALAN GP
Team Suzuki Press Office – June 5.
Grid position for Catalan GP:
Joan Mir: 10th – 1’39.431
Team Suzuki Ecstar’s Joan Mir took to the track in FP3 as the solo representative for the Hamamatsu brand on qualifying day following Alex Rins’ early exit from the weekend.
The Mallorcan wasted no time in getting down to work, trying to gauge the feeling of the GSX-RR around the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya. With lap times coming down, Mir knew he would need to set some quick laps to secure a place in Q2, and he put together a string of fast times, maintaining a crucial Top 10 spot with ninth.
A breezy but warm FP4 provided good conditions for testing the tyre options available, with the majority of the field, including Mir, experimenting with the harder option rear. Mir gradually built up his pace, finishing the session with a solid fifth place.
The intense Q2 session saw lots of improvements, and despite setting a lap good enough for the front row early on, he slipped to 10th at the flag. However, he is confident with his race pace and is aiming high in Sunday’s race.
“Today was pretty good, I’m slightly disappointed with my qualifying as always – this is an area where we still have to improve. Sometimes we have some problems which prevents me from showing my potential and I get frustrated, but today I felt good with the bike, we found some useful things, and I think tomorrow I can have a good race and I’m happy to be riding in front of the fans again. Tyre management will be very important here, so that will be one of our main focuses.”
Ken Kawauchi – Technical Manager:
“This morning Joan did a good recovery after yesterday and he was able to go straight to Q2. We were expecting a little bit more in terms of the grid position, but 10th place isn’t bad and we know we can do good things from there. Joan feels confident, he has nice pace, and we’re looking forward to the race tomorrow.”
GRAN PREMI MONSTER ENERGY DE CATALUNYA – Qualifying Classification:
1. F. QUARTARARO – Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP – 01:38.853
2. J. MILLER – Ducati Lenovo Team – 01:38.890 +0.037
3. J. ZARCO – Pramac Racing – 01:39.049 +0.196
4. M. OLIVEIRA – Red Bull KTM Factory Racing – 01:39.099 +0.246
5. F. MORBIDELLI – Petronas Yamaha SRT – 01:39.109 +0.256
6. M. VIÑALES – Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP – 01:39.157 +0.304
7. A. ESPARGARO – Aprilia Racing Team Gresini – 01:39.218 +0.365
8. B. BINDER – Red Bull KTM Factory Racing – 01:39.343 +0.490
9. F. BAGNAIA – Ducati Lenovo Team – 01:39.359 +0.506
10. J. MIR – Team SUZUKI ECSTAR – 01:39.431 +0.578
11. V. ROSSI – Petronas Yamaha SRT – 01:39.605 +0.752
12. P. ESPARGARO – Repsol Honda Team – 01:41.791 +2.938
13. M. MARQUEZ – Repsol Honda Team – 01:39.181 – Q1
14. T. NAKAGAMI – LCR Honda IDEMITSU – 01:39.347 – Q1
15. J. MARTIN – Pramac Racing – 01:39.532 – Q1
16. I. LECUONA – Tech 3 KTM Factory Racing – 01:39.567 – Q1
17. E. BASTIANINI – Avintia Esponsorama – 01:39.590 – Q1
18. D. PETRUCCI – Tech 3 KTM Factory Racing – 01:39.744 – Q1
19. L. MARINI – SKY VR46 Avintia – 01:39.942 – Q1
20. A. MARQUEZ – LCR Honda CASTROL – 01:40.009 – Q1
21. L. SAVADORI – Aprilia Racing Team Gresini – 01:40.158 – Q1
Catalan GP Image Gallery:CLICK HERE FOR PHOTOS
Thanks for reading MotoBlog today. June got off to a slow start news wise but it sure caught up in a hurry. I’ve already got over 15 pieces to work on for week two. It’s going to be great. I hope you like the new format. We have been hard at work making our website and magazine cleaner and faster. Now we’ve got a new way for the blog too.
Please comment freely and remember to like and share.