- OCTOBER 10TH
- Garcia Dominates Day One At The TERRA ÚNICA GP of Portugal
- DANIEL SANDERS CLOSES IN ON THE LEADERS AT RALLYE DU MAROC
- SOLID STAGE TWO FOR ROCKSTAR ENERGY HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING RIDERS AT RALLYE DU MAROC
- JED BEATON BATTLES TO STRONG FOURTH OVERALL AT MXGP OF FRANCE
- PAULS JONASS CONTINUES IMPRESSIVE FORM WITH SIXTH AT MXGP OF FRANCE
- DOUBLE ENDURO1 CLASS WIN FOR ANDREA VERONA AT ENDUROGP OF PORTUGAL
- HAAKER GRABS PODIUM FINISH AT ROUND 3 OF ENDUROCROSS
- THAD DUVALL RETURNS TO THE GNCC PODIUM WITH THIRD OVERALL AT ROUND 12
Garcia Dominates Day One At The TERRA ÚNICA GP of Portugal
The opening day of competition at round five of the Borilli FIM EnduroGP World Championship saw Josep Garcia (KTM) claim a commanding victory in Portugal. With Enduro GP roaring back into life following its summer break, Spaniard Garcia was quickest to hit the ground running on day one of the TERRA ÚNICA Enduro GP of Portugal as he rode clear of his rivals to claim both the Enduro GP and Enduro 2 category wins.
The Junior Enduro class saw a new winner emerge with Finland’s Roni Kytonen (Honda) excelling in the sandy conditions to top the standings at the Enduro GP, while Sweden’s Albin Norrbin (Fantic) extended his Youth Enduro championship lead by claiming his sixth consecutive victory in the Enduro GP.
Locked in a battle for the overall runner-up result, Andrea Verona (GASGAS) pulled clear of his Enduro1 classmates to take the win. A strong ride throughout the day saw him build up a comfortable 40-second margin of victory.
For Davide Guarneri (Fantic), the veteran Italian wasn’t able to match the pace of his countryman from the word go. Losing time in the morning, he came on stronger in the afternoon, taking two special test wins. For Sunday, he’ll look to come out swinging against Verona early on.
Ensuring an Italian sweep of the podium, Matteo Cavallo (TM) took third, with France’s Christophe Charlier (Beta) and Italy’s Samuele Bernardini (Honda) completing the top five.
Full Results and more excellent photos at EnduroGP.com
DANIEL SANDERS CLOSES IN ON THE LEADERS AT RALLYE DU MAROC
ANOTHER STRONG FINISH FROM THE AUSSIE TIGHTENS THINGS UP AT THE TOP OF THE LEADERBOARD.
GASGAS Factory Racing’s Daniel Sanders has successfully completed stage two of the Rally du Maroc as the fourth fastest rider. The fifth competitor to enter the second special of the event, Daniel immediately set a blistering pace from the start to secure another strong finish. Retaining his fifth-place ranking in the overall provisional classification, and now lying just under five minutes behind the leader, Sanders is undoubtedly putting together his strongest start to a rally since joining GASGAS. And with three days of racing to go, everything is very much still to play for!
- Sanders puts together another solid ride at Rallye du Maroc
- Australian’s navigation on point as he finishes fourth
- The longest stage of the five-day rally is now complete
Daniel Sanders: “Today was another good stage for me and I’m really happy with how this rally is shaping up. I feel great on my bike and it’s running perfectly, which allows me to crack on and do my job. I will say that I lost my focus a little just before refueling but once I’d had something to eat, I was back to it and felt strong towards the end. It was cool to ride alone for most of the stage, out of the dust, and rely on my navigation. This got me safely to the end with no major mistakes.”