- ANOTHER STRONG DAY IN THE DESERT FOR SANDERS AT ABU DHABI
- MONSTER ENERGY YAMAHA MOTOGP TURN UP INTENSITY FOR 2021 SEASON FINALE
- SUZUKI ROLLS ONTO VALENCIA FOR 2021’S LAST HURRAH
- Championship bronze for Gajser after a podium at Mantova finale
- GET TO KNOW ADRIAN GUGGEMOS IN GASGAS DIRT EPISODE SIX
- BRIAN BOGERS COMES OUT SWINGING AT 2021 MXGP SEASON FINAL
- DE WOLF ENDS 2021 ON A HIGH WITH THIRD OVERALL AT MXGP OF CITTÀ DI MANTOVA
ANOTHER STRONG DAY IN THE DESERT FOR SANDERS AT ABU DHABI
GASGAS FACTORY RACING RIDER DEFENDS HIS SECOND PLACE OVERALL RANKING WITH A FOURTH PLACE FINISH ON PENULTIMATE STAGE OF ABU DHABI DESERT CHALLENGE
Another day, another promising ride at the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge from Daniel Sanders! Opening the stage today, thanks to his winning result on day three, the Aussie star did an excellent job, losing the minimum amount of time to the chasing pack. Ultimately completing the stage in fourth, he maintains his runner-up position in the provisional overall rally standings.
- Sanders places fourth on penultimate rally stage
- Aussie remains in second overall with one day to go
- RC 450F rider in good shape for Thursday’s final stage
Daniel Sanders: “Day four and I got to open today, which was really cool! Walkner caught me at about 100 kilometers, just before the refueling, but I was happy with how things went for the time I was out front. I didn’t make any big mistakes and the pace was good, so that’s really encouraging. The second half of the stage opened out into some faster tracks, which I really enjoyed, so that was cool. All-in-all it was a really good day. I’m in a good position to push again tomorrow and hopefully I can finish off the rally with a top result.”
Still in only his first full year of FIM Cross-Country Rallies competition, Daniel put in a fast, mature ride from the front of day four, doing exactly what was required to ultimately secure a top-four placing and successfully defend his second-place position in the overall standings.
Check in tomorrow for the newest results.