UK Petrol Motorcycles Ban Announced! Is The USA Far Behind?
A couple days ago while doing some online searching related to another article I came across this piece of alarming information about the proposed UK petrol ban. I’ve spent the last few days reviewing the allegations. I checked the information and it’s time to share this with you.
While it is our general policy not to allow the magazine or blog to become involved in politics; we will report items that pertain to motorcycling and let the chips fall where they may. This means we recognize that sometimes in order to fully understand a piece of proposed law we must identify the people involved in it’s creation, proposal and sponsorship.
Everything we report is intended to be public knowledge available by common news stories, congressional records and so on. Motorcycle Times as a business entity has no political agenda except reporting on motorcycle news from around the world, and to help grow our sport.
You are welcome to comment on this story. Please avoid offensive language. That said, here is The story.
UK Petrol Motorcycle Ban Proposed To Take Effect in 13 Years!
UK PETROL MOTORCYCLE BAN TIMELINE AND PLAYERS
During her term, then UK Prime Minister Theresa May who is a conservative decided to work for unity and form an alliance with the other side on the Climate Change Issues they were championing. She introduced the original UK Petrol Ban legislation.
- Created legislation to ban the sale of petrol and diesel cars and trucks by 2014
- Motorcycles were not included in the original legislation.
- The legislation failed and eventually she was not re-elected
- The Legislation remained behind never having been truly disposed off for other political reasons.
During his term, Boris Johnson revived the UK Petrol Ban legislation and began trying to get it implemented.
- in 2019 he initially changed the date from 2014 to 2035
- In response to demands the deadline was changed again to 2030
- Motorcycles were added to the legislation during his effort to pass this legislation.
- Currently this would mean that in 8 years it will be illegal to sell any petrol motorcycle in the UK.
- Most other private vehicles are included in the legislation.
- Certain government and other necessary vehicles will be exempt.
- Effectively is a deadline to switch over to electric vehicles.
This is a good video about the Petrol Ban. Let it play in the background. It’s chock full of good information.
Here are two more video’s. They are about the proposed Anti Tamper Law for motorcycles. As written this could even make lighting or mirror changes illegal. As I understand it, it is being worked on in conjunction with the Petrol Ban. Must watch.
These are some shocking revelations intended to affect our motorcycling brothers and sisters in the UK and the EU. As the entire world is moving toward electric vehicles and legislation such as this is becoming popular among the legislators worldwide…can the United States of America be far behind?
As I said, your comments are welcome.