MISCELLANEOUS MOTORCYCLE RACING NEWS SEPTEMBER 2021
- MISCELLANEOUS MOTORCYCLE RACING NEWS SEPTEMBER 2021
- MIC RESEARCH AND STATISTICS: New Motorcycle Sales Up by Double Digits Through Second Quarter
- AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame announces Class of 2021
- Cody Webb finishes P2 at Battle of the Goats and P2 in Championship
- Loretta Lynn’s Ranch Devastated by Flash Flooding
- INDIAN MOTORCYCLE RACING WINS AT NEW YORK SHORT TRACK DOUBLEHEADER
MIC RESEARCH AND STATISTICS:
New Motorcycle Sales Up by Double Digits Through Second Quarter
New-model motorcycle sales among leading brands increased 15.2 percent through the second quarter of 2021, according to the Motorcycle Industry Council Retail Sales Report. The year-to-date sales figures, compared to the same period last year, jumped by double digits in the on-highway and dual-purpose categories, and scooter sales were up, too.
Only off-highway sales dipped slightly through Q2, by just 3.2 percent – and that was compared to a phenomenal first half of 2020 that saw off-highway sales rocket up by 50.3 percent, among leading brands, compared to the previous year. Year-to-date sales of on-highway motorcycles were up the most, by 25.2 percent. The dual category was up 16.7 percent. Scooter sales rose 8.3 percent.
“We’re seeing strong performance in motorcycle sales,” said Erik Pritchard, MIC president and CEO. “Through the second quarter of 2021, the increases with street-legal motorcycles – on-highway motorcycles, dual-purpose bikes, and scooters – demonstrates continued interest in our products and the lifestyle. Our industry continues to work hard at keeping up with strong consumer demand amid supply chain pressures.”