ROCKSTAR ENERGY HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLE RACING NEWS AUGUST 2021
- ROCKSTAR ENERGY HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLE RACING NEWS AUGUST 2021
- SOLID START TO SILK WAY RALLY FOR HOWES AND BENAVIDES
- THIRD FOR SKYLER HOWES ON SILK WAY RALLY STAGE TWO
- RJ HAMPSHIRE GRINDS HIS WAY TO VICTORY AT REDBUD MX
- RUNNER-UP ON DAY THREE FOR SKYLER HOWES
- MIXED PERFORMANCES AT MXGP OF ITALY
- COLTON HAAKER CLAIMS FOURTH AT TOUGH LIKE RORR
- STRONG RESULT FOR HOWES ON SILK WAY RALLY STAGE FOUR
- SKYLER HOWES FINISHES AS RUNNER-UP AT 2021 SILK WAY RALLY
- BOLT, GOMEZ, AND JARVIS SET FOR ABESTONE HARD ENDURO
- HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLES TEAMS UP WITH INFRONT MOTO RACING FOR ALL-NEW FIM EUROPE JUNIOR E-MOTOCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP
- HAMPSHIRE COLLECTS ANOTHER MOTO-PODIUM AT THE WICK 338
- SOLID RESULT FOR COLTON HAAKER AT THE DONNER HARD ENDURO
- BILLY BOLT DELIVERS WINNING RIDE AT ABESTONE HARD ENDURO
- DEAN WILSON TOP-10 FINISH AT SPRING CREEK NATIONAL
- PODIUM SUCCESS AT MXGP ROUND FOUR
- ALPINE SKIER MARCEL HIRSCHER TO TAKE ON THE TOUGHEST HARD ENDURO RALLYE
- RJ HAMPSHIRE CLAIMS SECOND OVERALL AT ROUND 7 OF AMA PRO MOTOCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP
- FOURTH OVERALL FOR JED BEATON AT MXGP OF CZECH REPUBLIC
- ROCKSTAR ENERGY HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING’S CRAIG DELONG CAPTURES FOURTH OVERALL AT RATTLESNAKE ENDURO
- ROCKSTAR ENERGY HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING PRIMED FOR 2021 ROMANIACS HARD ENDURO RALLYE
- FACTORY WHEELS AVAILABLE NOW FROM HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLES
- SUBSCRIBE NOW! IT’S FREE!
SOLID START TO SILK WAY RALLY FOR HOWES AND BENAVIDES
Release from 02.07.2021
Luciano Benavides – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing
ROCKSTAR ENERGY HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING DUO SAFELY COMPLETE STAGE ONE IN RUSSIA
Skyler Howes and Luciano Benavides have successfully completed stage one of the 2021 Silk Way Rally in eighth and 10th place respectively. The Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing riders faced an opening timed special of just 87km, which presented several challenges including tough navigation, and a mixture of terrain, as it wound its way through the Siberian forests close to the rally start in Omsk.
First to enter the timed special due to his final finishing position from round one of the championship, Skyler Howes soon found the stage to be more challenging than he first anticipated. Losing a couple of minutes to his rivals early on as he became accustomed to the event’s road book, Howes then stuck to a solid, but steady pace through the twisting forest tracks to ensure no further time was lost. Maintaining his eighth-place position to the finish, Skyler was pleased with his performance, but aware that he needs to deliver highly accurate navigation during the remaining nine days of racing.
Similarly to his teammate, Luciano Benavides lost several minutes early on when a navigational error caused him to choose the wrong route. Getting back on track, the Argentinian star found himself behind several other riders and unable to get past safely. Frustrated, Benavides arrived at the finish in 10th place, just under seven minutes down on the leader. However, although slightly disappointed to have lost time on stage one, Luciano enjoys an advantageous start position for Saturday’s stage two where he hopes to massively reduce the deficit to the leaders.
Setting off from the bivouac at Novosibirsk, stage two of the 2021 Silk Way Rally totals 566km and includes a timed special of 132km. Riders will again face the rough, tricky-to-navigate Siberian forest tracks before the route leads them out into the faster open pistes on the final stretch towards Gorno-Altaisk.
Skyler Howes:“Overall, the day went well with no crashes, and I rode really well. It’s good to get the rally underway and get the lay of the land here in Russia. I enjoyed the terrain through the forest, but the road book had several confusing notes that were tough to understand at first. I took a little time to make sure I didn’t get lost too badly and so my result isn’t quite where I would want it to be. Nevertheless, it’s good to get these things sorted on the first stage and get a good feel for the navigation at the event. There are still nine days to go, so now, with a little better understanding of the road book, I hope to be able to push on tomorrow and enjoy the rally.”
Luciano Benavides:“It was a good warm up on stage one. Not a very long stage, but it’s nice to get a feeling for the terrain and the road book here at Silk Way, and to also get comfortable on the bike in these conditions. Unfortunately, I made a mistake early on and then had to complete the rest of the stage in the dust of a rider in front. I lost some time, but overall, I’m really happy with the feeling on the bike and it was good to get familiar with the style of the road book. With nine days to go, there is not too much pressure yet so I’m looking forward to tomorrow with a good start position.”
2021 Silk Way Rally – Stage 1 Provisional Classification
1. Franco Caimi (Hero) 0:49:52
2. Ross Branch (Yamaha) 0:50:55
3. Adrien Van Beveren (Yamaha) 0:51:22
4. Joaquim Rodrigues (Hero) 0:51:46
5. Matthias Walkner (KTM) 0:52:25
6. Sebastian Buhler (Hero) 0:53:07
8 Skyler Howes (Husqvarna) 0:56:28
10. Luciano Benavides (Husqvarna) 0:56:34
Husqvarna Motorcycles is widely known for leading innovation and providing exceptional performance across its street and offroad products, as well as being present in all top-level racing disciplines. With the brand originally founded in Sweden in 1903, Husqvarna Motorcycles’ machines have been designed and manufactured in Mattighofen, Austria since 2013.
Rockstar Energy Drink
Rockstar Energy Drink is designed for those who lead active lifestyles – from Athletes to Rockstars. Available in over 20 flavors at convenience and grocery outlets in over 30 countries, Rockstar supports the Rockstar lifestyle across the globe through Action Sports, Motor Sports, and Live Music. For more information visit: www.RockstarEnergy.com